Your initial inquiry – by email or phone
Don’t worry if you’re not sure whether you’re asking for ‘sales writing’, ‘ghost writing’, ‘copy writing’ or ‘content writing’. Like every industry, there is a wealth of specific, ‘insider’ vocabulary that can be a barrier to potential clients. You just have to know what you want, not what some people might call it.
You will receive a reply within two business days.
Initial, structured conversation – by phone or skype
This is a free, half-hour (maximum) meeting that has two equally important sections.
- I listen to your requirements and double check my understanding with active questioning.
- We go through the Initial Brief questions together.
After thinking through our initial conversation, I will get back to you with a quote, deadline and, for longer jobs, a timeline of shorter steps. You may want to have a think about our discussion and get back to me with more information and ideas.
I get to work!
Even without formalised shorter-term deadlines, I will check-in with you – by email – as I move forward, to ensure I deliver what you expect. This is particularly important when it is the first time we have worked together.
You read your completed job, suggest any ‘tweaks’ (up to half an hour’s work included) and approve the final version.
All of projects are tailored to fit the exact requirements of the client’s brief. So pricing is calculated on an individual basis.
There are 3 options:
- Project – half to be paid upfront and half on completion. On longer projects I prefer to include short-term steps as we progress through the job. This improves efficiency and ensures a fair deal for us both.
- Hourly – I invoice you when work is complete, based on our prearranged rate, with a maximum number of hours set by you
- Weekly/Monthly – You budget for a certain number of hours every week or month. This is particularly useful if you have a backlog of work or require regular, new content.
Guarantee – no surprise extra costs
Good to know…
- If a project is going to take longer than our first estimate, I will let you know as a matter of urgency and wait for your go-ahead before proceeding. I will never go beyond the budget we agree without your prior consent.
- Very tight deadlines can sometimes be met, depending on workload, and will incur an extra fee.
- No quotes will be given per ‘number of words’.